Prekindergarten is a critical time for children as they begin the adventure of a lifetime of learning. Our Mother Goose Time curriculum promotes independence while preparing your child for the next exciting phase--kindergarten! We make the transition smoother by helping children become more familiar with an organized environment. We focus on group play to develop social skills, such as listening, sharing, and cooperation. Our teachers have a passion for what they do and consider it a privilege to partner with you during this special time in your child’s life.
- Preparation for kindergarten
- Whole-group activities that develop social skills, such as sharing, listening and cooperation
- Learning with vocabulary, letters, and words
- Development of independent learning skills with our hands-on experiences
- Thematic units that encourage curiosity, self-direction, and confidence
- Regular communication with teachers so that you are informed about your child's day
Staff to Child Ratio:4 year olds 1/18
Curriculum - Frog Street Pre-K:
Our staff has been trained through the Texas School Readiness to use the Frog Street Pre-K curriculum, which is currently being used in the Wichita Falls Public Pre-k program. Frog Street Pre-K is a comprehensive, research-based curriculum that integrates instruction across developmental domains and early learning disciplines.
These domains meet the Texas Prekindergarten Guidelines and consist of:
- Social and Emotional Development
- Language communication
- Emergent Literacy
- Emergent Writing
- Social Studies
- Fine Art
- Physical Development
- Technology Applications
We also use the curriculum supplement Developing Talkers which is and evidence-based curriculum supplement that uses interactive read-alouds as the cornerstone for rich oral language instruction. Its three tiered program includes
- Open ended questions to encourage higher lever reasoning
- Teaching academic vocabulary words
- Explicit instruction on the comprehensive skills good readers use
- Encouraging children to become authors and illustrators as they draw and write in response to text.
Copyright © 2017 University Academy Daycare, All Rights Reserved.