Two year olds are terrific learners. They are beginning to understand group play and become better at communicating their thoughts. Our Mother Goose Time curriculum using the Mother Goose Time curriculum emphasizes language development to help children turn their ideas into words and sentences. Children will also have plenty of group activities to practice social skills, such as cooperation, sharing, and taking turns, as well has hands on activities that help them explore their environment.
- Balance of nurturing, playtime, and learning throughout the day
- Monthly thematic units that provide a rich array of daily activities and a variety of experiences
- Learning areas that focus on dramatic play, creative arts, language development, and sensory exploration
- Development of confidence, self-esteem, and a love of learning
- Regular communication with teachers so that you are informed about your child's day
Staff to Child Ratio:2 year olds 1/11
Mother Goose Time Skills and StandardsMother Goose Time uniquely weaves 33 research-based skills through monthly activities and discovery projects. As children participate in Mother Goose Time, they are naturally exposed to skills which support their on-going social-emotional, physical, language and cognitive development.
These skills, when combined with a nurturing environment, intentional teaching practices, and meaningful relationships support a child’s school readiness. It provides concrete materials and ideas on how to inspire children through art, music, logic games and hands-on investigations.
Mother Goose Time research-based curriculum aligns with State standards and Head Start Indicators.
Copyright © 2017 University Academy Daycare, All Rights Reserved.